Thursday, March 15, 2012
The lock out
It was an on the go day at work. 4:30 comes and everyone else is done for the day. I work until 6:00 so I only have to work 4 days a week. We lock the doors and put the phone on night as we are closed for that time. About 5:45 I remember that I did not get my mileage when I got back from one of the nursing homes I visit. So I grabbed my car keys (office keys not on this key ring) and out the door I go to my car forgetting all about the door being locked. So here I am locked out. My purse and cell phone still in the office. So I know there are windows that do not lock and there are chairs on a screen porch, maybe I can go in through the window. But no, they are too high to get into from the chair. A neighbor lady is going for a walk. She suggests I try a lower window and I know this window has a lock on it but hope that maybe it didn't get locked but it was locked. She let me use her cell phone and I called Lark and let him know I wouldn't be home on time. I asked him if maybe he could bring a ladder down that I could get in the window but then asked him to look up a co-workers phone number for me. But could not remember the last name of a co-worker that lived in town. Brain is not functioning well at this point. So I told him I was going to walk to her house. Then all at once it came to me. I have car keys in my hand and a car so why don't I drive there. So I told him that I was going to go see if I could get keys from her. I wasn't sure which house was hers and hoped that her car would be out, but it wasn't. After several times up and down her street (and probably causing anyone out to worry about this strange car going slowly up and down their street) I decided to try the cutest house on the street. And sure enough it was the right house. Borrowed her key and back to the office. Turned off my computer, gathered my things and left for the weekend. Desk still a mess from the week but I did put papers in piles so it looked a little better. Feeling brain drained. Called Lark and told him I was on my way, returned the key and drove home. Oh what a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment