Friday, January 16, 2009
Brrrrrr!!!!!! It's cold
It was -20 at 9am this morning. I don't know if that was the low or if it was even colder. But I think that is cold enough. That was even before you considered any windchill. At 3 pm it is still -3. The only hope is that they say it should be up in the teens tomorrow. Even with a well insulated house I still feel the cold coming off of the walls. I would hate to think what it would be like in here if we had never insulated and put in new windows and furnace and stuff over the years. I sit around with my long underwear on and covered up in a nice heavy blanket, feeling pretty good and then I have a hot flash. Throw off the blanket take off my husbands heavy socks that I have been wearing around the house this winter, then when it passes I'm cold again. I usually only wear a sweatshirt when I go out and carry a heavy coat in my trunk for just in case I get stuck out somewhere. For the last 3 days I have been using the heavy coat. Hopefully tomorrow or probably more like the next day I can go back to my sweatshirt. So much for Global warming. I have always thought that was a bunch of bull anyway. Even if someone got an award for his efforts to stop it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment