Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I think I have Alzheimer's.

I think I've started with early signs of dementia. I have felt that for a long time I forget too much but it is really getting bad. I told my husband that he needs to start checking things out for me and not count on my mind to make sure all things are going right.

On the 20th Jenn was flying home and after a lot of delays she was coming in to O'hare at 1:30 am. We got there and her flight was not on the board. After looking all over for someone to ask about her flight she called and said she was on the ground. I asked her if she was at O'hare. I was so worried that I had messed up and went to the wrong airport. But this time I was right but really doubted myself. I was afraid that we were going to have to make a run for Indy at that hour of the morning after driving all the way to Chicago in some pretty nasty and cold weather. Then today we get her to the airport to fly to Greenville to see her friends over New Years and I forgot the print out again with the flight information. I was sure she was on United. We were getting there in plenty of time for how it usually is with American where you can walk right up to a self check in and in a few minutes you have your boarding pass and they have put the tag on your bag and your off to security. Well with United there was long lines waiting to get to the self check in or an agent. We knew that time was going to be close. When she finally got to up there we could not get her flight to come up. She used the phone there for assistance and they did not have her on a flight. Starting to panic, I did get an agent that was helping people get in the right line and stuff to go and check out her flight as I did have the flight number. She came back and said it was US Air instead of United and that we needed to go down 2 more buildings. So out we went and headed for her terminal. Luckily when we got there you could walk right up to the self check in. When she got her bag checked it was already time for her plane to be boarding. She had a little wait in security but she did make it to her gate in time that she did not miss her plane. So all worked out, but what will I goof up next.

Just don't anyone count on me for anything too important.

No comments: