Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rude Movie goers

Ok, this is a complaining post. I took a vacation day today because I just could not stand the thought of going to work today. It's time for a change. But that is not what the complaining is about this time. I pretty much wasted the day. I did clean the kitchen a little. I had to clean out under the sink because I had someone coming to replace our poor dying garbage disposal. I could not believe all the stuff I pulled out of there. I keep the potatoes and onions under there and I guess a view over time had gotten out of the bag. I think they were potatoes, but they were pretty wrinkled up and petrified. I found a lot of cleaning rags, no wonder I was having a hard time finding one lately. Almost empty cleaning products, lots of good stuff. A lot of it is not going back down there. Anyway, still not what I'm complaining about today. I decided that since I had spent the whole day home alone except for the half hour or so that the guy installing the new garbage disposal was here and except for the dog, I was going to go to the movies while you could still get in at the matinee price. I'm cheap that way. So I checked what was playing and found that swing vote was still playing. I think it is probably about to the end of it's theater run. So at the 5:00 show on a week day there was a total of 5 people in the whole theater. This was in one of the smallest theaters there as it is about to the end of it's run so you have to sit close to the back if you don't want to have to look up to see the screen. So here I am 2 rows from the back in the middle of the row and in comes this couple and sits in the very back corner. When the movie starts I thought they would shut up but they kept talking all the way through the whole movie. In Spanish no less. This was so annoying. They did go out for a short time and I hoped that they would not return, since they did not seem to have any interest in the movie. But back they came with snacks. Noisy snacks. I then kept hearing them crinkle the wrappers. I kept wishing that I had a squirt gun that I could squirt them with. But with only 5 of us in the theater, I think they could have figured out where it came from. I wished that I was brave enough to tell them to shut up. But I was all alone and not wanting to get someone real upset with me. Then I kept wishing that they had someway for you to summon someone from the theater to expel them from the theater. Why would you pay to come see a movie, even if it is at the matinee price. That would still be $11 for the 2 of them and then they bought over priced snacks and all, just to sit and talk. If all you are going to do is talk, go to McDonalds. Go to the park. Don't pay to go to a movie and annoy all the other people in the theater. Hey the movie was good though. I did enjoy it, just not the rude couple in the corner. Then there is the cost of the way over priced snacks and soft drinks.

No comments: